A tight-knit and international team
« Our technical and international expertise-as-well-as our experience in the fields of fraud, asset recovery, corruption and economic crime-make us, within our speciality, the equal of much larger firms. »Stéphane Bonifassi
P : + 33 (0)22.214.171.124.85
Admitted to the Paris Bar in 1991.
Who’s Who Legal has described Stéphane Bonifassi as a “dean of the Parisian Bar” for his intrinsic ability to work in various courts (civil and criminal) in France, with corresponding proceedings abroad, and to successfully manage litigation involving complex financial crimes. He’s also been called as “an exemplary practitioner who knows his trade inside-out.”
Stéphane Bonifassi “is highly proficient in asset recovery matters and represents both individuals and companies in complex cases.” Who’s Who Legal WWL Asset Recovery 2015.
Praised as a “Most Highly Regarded Individual” in Europe by Who’s Who Legal: Asset Recovery 2016, WWL says: “Stéphane Bonifassi is truly a class act, with clients praising him as a pragmatic and reassuring adviser.”
With more than 26 years of criminal court experience, he has developed a unique sense of what investigative tactics can be used in concert with litigation tools to track, locate and recover misappropriated or hidden assets.
Chambers Europe White Collar Crime 2017 says: Bonifassi is lauded for his prowess on cross-border work, particularly
With his distinctive approach, Stéphane Bonifassi has emerged as a leader in this evolving practice area and serves as the Executive Director and exclusive French member of ICC FraudNet, the world’s leading asset-recovery legal network.
He participated in litigation arising from the Bernard Madoff fraud, and he has been recognized as “most highly regarded” by Who’s Who Legal: Asset Recovery 2015 and 2016 and was named a Thought Leader in 2017. He’s also considered “most highly regarded” by Who’s Who Legal: Business Crime Defence 2015, 2016 and 2017.
He has served as president of the Criminal Law Commission of the International Association of Lawyers (UIA), as well as co-chair of the Business Crime Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA).
- Graduated from Sciences Po Paris, 1984
- Earned a Master of Law from Université Panthéon-Assas, 1989
Premier Secrétaire de la Conférence du Barreau de Paris (1994)
- Member of the Union Internationale des Avocats
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Executive Director and sole France representative of ICC FraudNet.
Stéphane regularly authors articles on business crime, asset recovery and international corruption.
Two of these articles, published in Le Monde, earned him a Les Plumes De L’Economie & Du Droit, Plume D’Or in 2015 and 2016.
P : + 33 (0)126.96.36.199.88
Admitted to the Paris Bar in 2010.
Nevena Ivanova specializes in fraud, white-collar defense, asset recovery and international private law. She has been with BONIFASSI Avocats since 2011 and has helped to uncover the hidden assets of various individuals, including a former country leader. She also has assisted on major white-collar crime cases.
- Obtained a Master of Private International Law and International Trade Law from Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, 2006
- Obtained a Master of Litigation, Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution from Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, 2007
- Certified in English for Law by the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 2008
French, English, Bulgarian.
P : + 33 (0)188.8.131.52.89
Admitted to the Russian Bar in 2017.
Originally from Russia, Elena joined BONIFASSI Avocats in 2014 and specializes in asset recovery, recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards and foreign judgments, as well as in private international law.
While practicing in Russia, she focused on international dispute resolution, including major public international law cases and commercial litigation, with components of fraud. She also worked in-house and implemented compliance programs for a Russian construction company.
During her tenure at BONIFASSI Avocats, Elena has contributed to an asset-recovery case for a bad bank and to a case involving a major telecommunications company, collecting an arbitral award against an African state. She is also active in criminal proceedings with an international reach.
- Earned a diploma in law with honors from the National Research University – Higher School of Economics (Moscow), 2010
- Obtained a master’s degree in Private International Law and International Trade Law from Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University, 2011
- Is currently preparing a doctoral thesis in private international law comparing notions of economic public order in Russia and in Europe
- Teaches private law at Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and private international law at Université Paris Descartes
Russian, French, English.
P : + 33 (0)184.108.40.206.90
Admitted to the Paris Bar in 2004.
Delphine joined BONIFASSI Avocats in 2004 and specializes in corporate law and mergers & acquisitions.
She is experienced in due-diligence investigations and has developed expertise in the governance of companies and regulatory compliance. In fact, she helped implement a compliance program for a French subsidiary of a US company.
Her strong knowledge of corporate law is particularly helpful in asset-recovery cases where one is confronted with complex corporate structures to hide funds.
- Earned a Master of Business Law and Taxation from Université de Paris II Panthéon-Assas, 2000
- Received a Diplôme d’Etudes Supérieures Spécialisées in European Business Law, 2001
- Achieved a Diplôme d’Etudes Approfondies in Business Law, 2002